Monday, July 14, 2008

A Fresh Start to the Morning

I'm normally the first one in the office in the morning and, as such, am the one who makes the coffee. It was no different this morning as I rolled in, got my computer fired up and went to the kitchen to start the coffee. Twelve cups of water, filter, seven scoops of coffee, push the button, etc. I can do it in my sleep now.

The smell of the coffee seemed to be especially strong this morning and now I know why. When I went back to get my first cup of the morning, the coffee was running all over the counter. Apparently, I had not quite gotten the pot on the warmer so good old Mr. Coffee was holding the coffee in the filter holder until it was placed properly. Of course, at some point, there was more coffee being made than what the filter could hold so it started pouring out over the top, along with the grounds that had been in the filter.

About 15 minutes later, I've got a new pot of coffee going. And yes, I did stand next to the pot to make sure I had replaced it correctly.

No comments: