Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Another Brush with Celebrities

My wife and I were fortunate enough to be able to get away for a few days earlier this month. I guess to be correct, I got away while she was working a trade show in Las Vegas. We did take a day after the show was over to walk around, gamble, see Blue Man Group, etc.

Anyway, on our way home I was wearing an Indianapolis Colts t-shirt and waiting for our plane to arrive when a lady leans over to me, points quickly at my shirt and then at a man just sitting down to wait for his flight, too. "Isn't he on the Colts?" she asked. I looked up to see All-Pro center Jeff Saturday. When we got on the plane, I was seated in the row behind him and his wife. As others were getting on the plane, many people appeared to recognize him but I don't remember anyone speaking to him (probably because he was in the window seat and had a hat kind of pulled down a bit). When we landed, he was directly in front of me while getting off the plane so I said, "Hey, Jeff, it's great to have you signed back with the Colts" to which he answered, "Thanks."

The flight had been pretty rocky during the last hour so the pilot had us strapped in our seats and everybody was headed to the bathroom as soon as we got off the plane, me included. As I stepped up to the urinal, Jeff (I can call him by just his first name since we're friends now :) was at the one right next to me. Now........if you remember in an early post, I also stood at a urinal right next to Peyton Manning once while at the Murat Theater for a show.

Got me to wondering...how many people do you think can say that they've actually shared a bathroom with an All-Pro center and QB from the same team? I HAVE!

No comments: