Monday, March 17, 2008

Great Training

I allow myself a stop at Starbucks on Wednesday mornings on my way in to work. I'd do it more often but my wife doesn't give me a big enough allowance. To me, their coffee is the best. And for those of you who owe me a favor, my favorite is the vanilla nonfat latte.

Normally, I always go to the Starbucks on 82nd Street in the Castleton area of Indianapolis. It's right on my way in so it's a quick drive thru and the people there have gotten to recognize my face which is always nice when you're in the customer service business. Also, they've never failed to make the latte exactly the same every time I've been there.

You might remember a few weeks ago that Starbucks shut down their entire operation for training. If memory serves me correctly, it was on a Monday night. Of course the following Wednesday, I arrived promptly at 7:20 for my vanilla latte.

Now I don't like my coffee steaming hot so I normally place it in my cup holder and don't take a sip out of it until I get in the office. That morning was no different except that when I took a drink I realized that they had forgotten the vanilla! Yep, that's right - they messed up my first latte after they had shut down for training to improve their quality!

Not to worry - I've been back to that same Starbucks and they've since always gotten my latte the way I like it. I just thought it was ironic how their training had not paid off in my eyes.

No comments: