Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Brush with Greatness

I had written about my daughter's chance meeting with Paula Abdul. Honestly, I was a bit jealous because I never meet anyone famous or even semi-famous. Okay, there was the one night I saw Peyton Manning in the men's restroom at the Murat Theater in downtown Indianapolis but looking at a guy while standing at the urinal is generally frowned upon so we just won't mention it.

Anyway, every once in a while I work concessions at a Colts, Pacers or Indianapolis Indians game to raise money for my daughter's dance. It's not a bad deal - sell a little food, a little beer and collect money to help pay for her costumes and lessons. This past Saturday night we were prepping the stand and food when a tall older gentleman walked up to the counter and asked if we had any coffee ready yet. I got him a cup, he paid me and as he walked away, nearly everyone in the stand yelled "Boom Baby!". It was Bobby "Slick" Leonard - former coach of the Pacers in the ABA days and current color man on the Pacers radio broadcasts.

No comments: