Thursday, June 4, 2009

Summertime Treat

I had posted before that we normally make homemade ice cream (it's really custard since it has eggs in it) every summer holiday and even posted the recipe that I use. My kids and wife always try to talk me into putting "stuff" in the ice cream - I'd be happy with plain vanilla.

This Memorial Day weekend was no different. And again I succumbed to their wishes but I'm very glad I did. If you make the ice cream, try this. Melt some peanut butter. Crush some chocolate covered pretzels in a bag. Let the ice cream maker run for about 10-15 minutes so it's starting to set up but not completely frozen yet. This will ensure that anything you put in it won't sink directly to the bottom. After the 10-15 minutes, pour the melted peanut butter around in the mix and pour the crushed pretzels in as well. Let the ice cream maker do the rest until it's done. It tastes just like Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby. My kids affectionately named it Chubby Daddy.

Let me know how it works out for you.

No comments: